Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gek Sim Ah...

Just when I am looking thru HWZ earlier on, then I came across this article posted online...

UniSIM launches first local university part-time accountancy degree in collaboration with five public accounting firms

HO SEH BO!

Let me recap the reason why I did not choose UniSIM over SIM-UOL earlier on.
  1. No Direct Honours/Honours
  2. Course fee as expensive as compared to SIM Global Education
  3. No accountancy. There's finance, but not really what I want to try.

Now? They're starting a degree program - Bacherlor of Accountancy (Hons). With 40% subsidy and industrial internship. GEK SIM AH!

And what, UniSIM accountancy will be studying FRS (Financial Reporting Standard) under SIngapore Standard. SIM-UOL will be studying FRS under UK standard....

AND WHAT'S MORE! UniSIM's Accountancy is awaiting accreditation from ACCA & ICPAS (Singapore Official Body for CPA - Certified Public Accountant). SIM-UOL A&F grads will need to go through with ACCA level 3 examinations or ICPAS professional examinations again before we can be a CPA in 3 years time. And in order to take ACCA level 3 exams and/or ICPAS professional exams, I must take certain modules in SIM-UOL. Sian not?!

And I think there's a high chance for UniSIM's application for accreditation to be approved since the 5 firms cooperating with them is pretty prestigious, considering that 1 of the Big 4 auditing firm - KPMG is one of the partners.

Haiz... Suan le....Let me be gek sim a bit more.... Then I need to get ready for school already.

SIAN AH~!

No comments: